We're in the new rental. Mostly settled. That means We've unpacked enough to survive, gone through enough to donate just for the sake of creating a walking path through the sea of boxes that remain, and we have cable and Internet.
A few more notables: Buttercup has been pulled from the local school district after much internal drama because we feel homeschooling will work better for our family. So far, only three people have called me crazy to my face (which actually means via text message because that's the same thing) and everyone else is politely looking the other way. The cool thing is I now live on a block that has at least 2 other homeschooling families, so while in my subdivision we are totally not the weird people. Just online. Or if you invite us over for dinner and happen to live outside of our subdivision.
And I'm selling baby clothes. I guess I didn't think writing up ads for cloth diapers and Gymboree jumpers was going to be as depressing as it's turning out to be, but it is. I'm not just selling clothes. I'm putting prices on memories and letting go of hope. I'm the oldest of five. The Husband is the youngest of four.
Buttercup wasn't supposed to be an only.
* Honest baby tee 12-18 mths
* George newborn white dress worn 1x after baptism 0-3 mth, plain white diaper cover included.
* Old navy blue striped skirt 18-24 mth
* Gender neutral newborn sleeper (baby) 0-3 mth
* Pink striped hooded dress 18-24 mth (plain pink diaper cover incuded)
* Old navy burgundy dress pink collar 18-24 mth
* Pink tutu up to 12 mth (used once for 6 mth photo session & Halloween)
* Vincent size pink frog shoe sz 16 euro
U of m lined windbreaker 18 mths - $6
I start with the basics. Photograph each piece. List the size and write a brief description. Calculate a fair price that allows for people to talk me down a bit and feel like they got a deal. I try to ignore the images in my mind with each item I put in the box marked "baby items for sale." I remember almost all of it. And my mind took more photos than I realized.
This sleeper she wore when I was hospitalized the third time for severe mastitis in her first six weeks. I've got a photo of her on my chest, head held up, nurses stunned she could already do that. I list it for $2.
* Dress my Godmother brought back from one of her trips to Puerto Escondido in Mexico. Not for sale.
* Children's place adjustable waist 18 mth ruffle jeans - $5
* Brown old navy winter baby boots 6-12 mths
* Matching Hawaiian hat and onsie set (worn once for an island themed wedding right after she was born) $5
* Carter white spring sweater 9 mths (used for Easter & other special occasions, no stains) -$3
* Pink sweater, newborn, knitted for me by my grandmother who never learned to speak English & wanted my mother to name me Erika because the woman on the soap opera she couldn't understand was glamorous & feisty, not for sale
* The yellow one she made me, not for sale
* 6-9 mth jeans with white dog embroidery. Not sure of brand. Perfect condition $2
* See Kai run black sandals sz 8-$10
* Open back summer dress top & ruffled diaper cover, white, no stains. Sz 3-6 mth (I should know when she wore this but maybe I shouldn't. Dad died when she was 5 mths old. I'll set this one in the maybe pile) Oh wait...never mind. We sold that one this afternoon.
* 1 Carter's white newborn onsie. Still white. I promise this means we forgot to put this one on her and not that I bubble wrapped her through babyhood. 50 cents
* Make that 2 Carter's unstained white newborn onsies for 50 cents each.
* More handmade baby clothes. One for me by Guela. A few for baby by my sisters ex-mother-in-law. One outfit worn for hospital pics. None is for sale.
* Newborn tee, super tiny, no sz, maybe hospital issued. Free with anything else you buy
* Gerber onsie, 0-3 mths, still white. I'm starting to wonder what small miracle allowed this to happen. She wore this one. I know she did. And yet I can't keep a white t shirt stain free for longer than it takes me to cut the store tag off. I now have a complex.
* Random but not random pink flowered newborn summer romper & diaper cover. I don't know when she wore this & that bothers me. But I need to put this one away for her with that little pile of memories to pass down one day
* 3-6 mth cotton pants & matching hat. We're keeping the shirt on the dog stuffed animal we made as a keepsake. Her name's on it. I'm making myself be practical. Daffy never wore pants so I'm not allowing myself to keep those. See? Progress.
* Pink sweater for me by Guela. I see the photos of me wearing this in my mind. I see the ones of my child in the frames. Not for sale.
* 0-3 mth gender neutral sleeveless onsie. White. Stain free. I should maybe start going to church regularly again.
* 3 mth gender neutral white sleeper. I know I won't get up in time for the Sunday morning mass. But Saturday at 5 pm is totally doable. Maybe. Fine. We all know I'm not going and spending the entire mass explaining to Buttercup that church and Easter egg hunts are not synonymous or the explicit difference between being Catholic and Mexican-Catholic...because there is.
* Gender neutral onsies of various sizing & hospital issued baby tee. All as a package. Now questioning why white is such a popular color for clothing meant for adorable little beings who live to eat, sleep, poop, & spit up.
* Pink frog face pre walkers (not in original packaging) sz 17 (euro)
* My baptismal bonnet. Wow.
* 12 mth turquoise tee. My dog Walks all over me. You'll buy it from us for your firstborn, still convinced your friends with older kids are all heartless bastards. *Your* dog will not get demoted. There will be 2 walks per day, trips to the dog park to socialize, & that Christmas stocking Will Get filled. The walk...right.... After you find something you can wear out of the house that doesn't have spit up on it, the baby has woken from her nap, and you change because she spit up on you again. You give up & barely register the dog didn't even get excited when you jingled the collar while there was still hope. But you tried. And your dog still loves you. We promise.
* Robeez pink pre walkers sz 0-6 mths. Loved this brand. You totally will too. You're welcome.
There. All listed and pretty on the private Facebook group saving me the headache of dealing with a garage sale.
And then The Husband comes home from work with news. We are being transferred to Maine for his job and it's going to happen pretty quickly. It's time to repack. And maybe I can buy enough gas to get us from Arizona to Maine after I sell the last seven bins full of the dreams.