* Eliana decided to help Mama with the split ends I've been meaning to cut but haven't had the time.
* Thankfully the child has so much hair that it was next to impossible to see where she actually snipped off a good three inches of her curls.
* She's still grounded until she's 40.
* Pumpkin pie is possible even if you are egg, gluten, grain, soy, corn, and dairy free. And it's fucking fabulous.
* The Christmas tree is up.
* The Elf on a Shelf Eliana has named Etsy (shut up, she's clueless) has arrived for a month's worth of Hide & Seek.
* Naughty elves and crafty elves and Smore-Making elves are not allowed in my house unless they come with a house-keeping elf to clean up after, a blogging elf (with it's own elf-sized smartphone and laptop) to document the shenanigans, and a creativity elf who'd sole responsibility is to think up and set up tomorrow's escapade.
*There are presents to buy and wrap and mail, Christmas cards to order and address and send off.
* Tomorrow we decorate the tree. In four weeks we wake up to Christmas morning and surprises from Santa. In five we welcome a new year.
* Sometimes I stay awake at night just to hold on to a few extra pieces of today before it fades into tomorrow. Right now, that's exactly what I'm doing.